Here is a wonderful duo paired specifically to help your houseplants thrive.
This package includes Malibu Compost Bu's Blend Biodynamic Compost in a 6 qt. bag so you can easily hold it in your hands as you walk around your home and add compost to the top of your houseplant pots. With every watering thereafter, you will notice more leaves start to grow and green up!
Additional benefits of Bu's Blend Biodynamic Compost:
- Enriches soil
- Adds beneficial microbes
- Feeds and grows earthworms
- Aerates your soil
- Adds macro and micronutrients
- Adds trace minerals
- Feeds and grows the microbial life in your soil
- Increases nutrients available to your plants
- Repairs damaged and compacted soil
- Breaks up clay soil
- Helps sandy soil retain water and nutrients
- Builds good soil structure
- Makes any soil easier to work
- Helps maintain a neutral PH
- Helps roots spread easily
- Encourages healthy root systems
- Helps water to drain
- Saves water and protects against drought
- Decreases runoff and keeps water on the property
- Creates a safe environment for pollinators
- Revitalizes old potting soils and planting mixes
- Creates lush green gardens organically
- Greens up all lawns organically
- Grows vital, healthy food gardens
- Produces high nutritional value in fruits and vegetables
- Protects plants from many diseases
- Helps plants' immune systems fight off pests
- Releases nutrients slowly, unlike synthetic fertilizers
- Eliminates the need for pesticides and fertilizers
- Keeps waterways clean
- Mimics nature
You also receive our Malibu Compost Bu's House Compost Tea for Houseplants that includes 4 compost tea bags in a sleeve. You can use one tea bag to drench your houseplants in the months that you don't compost.
Benefits of using Bu's House Compost Tea:
- Improves houseplant growth
- Creates stronger, healthier plants
- Mitigates transplant shock
- Feeds the biology in your soil
- Adds more diverse biology to your soil
- Gives houseplants nutrients in between composting
- Increases the nutrients available to the root zone
- Adds soluble nutrients to your soil
- Adds trace minerals to your soil
- Helps soil retain nutrients
- Enhances nutrient availability
- Suppresses foliar diseases and pests
Save 10% on this Houseplant Care Package!
Malibu Compost Houseplant Care Package
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Bu's Blend Biodynamic Compost
HAND WATER THOROUGHLY AFTER USE.
For Use as Compost:
Plants, Trees and Shrubs: Apply 1/2" of compost throughout at the start of every spring and fall. (first-time users apply 1") Top-dress at 1/16” every 4-6 weeks throughout the rest of the year.
Houseplants: Compost every spring and fall: 4" pots - apply 1/16" throughout; 1 gallon sizes and up - apply 1/4" throughout.
Raised Bed Food Gardens: Apply 1" of compost throughout at the start of every growing season.
Fruit Trees: Compost every year after harvesting from each specific tree. Apply 1" of compost throughout starting 6" away from tree trunk out towards the drip line.
For Use in Mix:
Add up to 25% of Bu’s Blend Biodynamic Compost to any potting soil or planting mix other than Baby Bu's Potting Soil. (Baby Bu's Potting Soil already contains 25% of Bu's Blend).
For In-Ground Planting:
If your soil is clay, compact, or sandy, make a hole at least twice the size of your container. Then mix 50% Bu’s Blend Biodynamic Compost with 50% of your native soil, then plant your plant. You can plant all new plants, trees and shrubs into your garden this way.
Bu's House Compost Tea for Houseplants
1. Add 1 tea bag to 2 to 5 gallons of water.
2. Steep compost tea bag for 8 to 12 hours, then use immediately.
3. After steeping, give the tea bag a squeeze, then remove it from the compost tea.
4. Recycle tea bag into your compost pile or garden.
5. Aerate compost tea by stirring for a moment before applying.
6. Use a watering can to drench the soil base with compost tea, or use a hand mister sprayer to apply to your houseplants. When drenching, apply tea at the same rate as a normal watering for the specific plant.
7. Apply once a month for optimum results.
Malibu Compost Bu's Blend Biodynamic Compost
Organic dairy cow manure, straw, wood chips, and biodynamic concentrations of yarrow, chamomile, valerian, stinging nettle, dandelion and oak bark.
Malibu Compost Bu's House Compost Tea for Houseplants
Compost (organic dairy cow manure, vineyard chips), dandelion, chamomile, stinging nettle, yarrow, oak bark, valerian, kelp, worm castings.