NOTE: THIS SIZE (1 CF) IS SOLD IN STORES ONLY. ONLY OUR 6 QT AND 12 QT BAGS OF COMPOST ARE AVAILABE HERE.
Malibu Compost Bu’s Blend Biodynamic Compost is included in every product we make. Use it throughout your garden to receive the numerous benefits below:
- Enriches soil
- Adds beneficial microbes
- Feeds and grows earthworms
- Aerates your soil
- Adds macro and micronutrients
- Adds trace minerals
- Feeds and grows the microbial life in your soil
- Increases nutrients available to your plants
- Repairs damaged and compacted soil
- Breaks up clay soil
- Helps sandy soil retain water and nutrients
- Builds good soil structure
- Makes any soil easier to work
- Helps maintain a neutral PH
- Helps roots spread easily
- Encourages healthy root systems
- Helps water to drain
- Saves water and protects against drought
- Decreases runoff and keeps water on the property
- Creates a safe environment for pollinators
- Revitalizes old potting soils and planting mixes
- Creates lush green gardens organically
- Greens up all lawns organically
- Grows vital, healthy food gardens
- Produces high nutritional value in fruits and vegetables
- Protects plants from many diseases
- Helps plants' immune systems fight off pests
- Releases nutrients slowly, unlike synthetic fertilizers
- Eliminates the need for pesticides and fertilizers
- Keeps waterways clean
- Mimics nature
Malibu Compost Bu's Blend Biodynamic Compost 1 cf
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Bu's Blend Biodynamic Compost
The organic protocol below is recommended for use with other Malibu Compost products. If you are using any other potting soil or a planting mix, than you will need to increase your top-dressing regimen.
HAND WATER THOROUGHLY AFTER USE.
For Use as Compost:
Plants, Trees and Shrubs: Apply 1/2" of compost throughout at the start of every spring and fall. (first-time users apply 1") Top-dress at 1/16” every 4-6 weeks throughout the rest of the year.
Houseplants: Compost every spring and fall: 4" pots - apply 1/16" throughout; 1 gallon sizes and up - apply 1/4" throughout.
Raised Bed Food Gardens: Apply 1" of compost throughout at the start of every growing season.
Fruit Trees: Compost every year after harvesting from each specific tree. Apply 1" of compost throughout starting 6" away from tree trunk out towards the drip line.
For Use in Mix:
Add up to 25% of Bu’s Blend Biodynamic Compost to any potting soil or planting mix other than Baby Bu's Potting Soil. (Baby Bu's Potting Soil already contains 25% of Bu's Blend).
For In-Ground Planting:
If your soil is clay, compact, or sandy, make a hole at least twice the size of your container. Then mix 50% Bu’s Blend Biodynamic Compost with 50% of your native soil, then plant your plant. You can plant all new plants, trees and shrubs into your garden this way.
Malibu Compost Bu's Blend Biodynamic Compost
Composted organic dairy cow manure, straw, wood chips, and biodynamic concentrations of yarrow, chamomile, valerian, stinging nettle, dandelion and oak bark.